Local and State Events
June 13th –
LWVO Executive Director, Jen Miller
Trek Private Party Room
5:30 – 7:30
Jen was recently front and center in the successful lawsuit about when to fix gerrymandering. This is an educational and social event.
August 29th –
Newark Schools Administration Building
7:00 – 8:30
Come to celebrate our accomplishments and be part of the discussion about taking a new step forward. Where do we go from here?
September 7, September 14, and October 5 –
Granville Farmers’ Market
Voter services before the fall election. Look for opportunities to volunteer at our LWV tables.
Posted in Disucssion Tab
- 2019 Program Summary May 31, 2019
- Losing our local newspaper, an essential part of this community, would be a huge loss for the League but also for citizens in general. May 23, 2019
- Poverty, Addiction, Recovery April 23, 2019
- Action Alert April 17, 2019
- Hearing Notice: Senate Bill 23, The Six-Week Abortion Ban February 22, 2019
Category Archives: Voter Registration
Dear LWVLC, Allegations of voter fraud by college students in Ohio elections have a long history and so do allegations of voter suppression. An article in the Newark Advocate today details a complaint from six Granville residents about alleged irregularities … Continue reading
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY This study evaluates the potential of nonprofit service providers and community-based organizations to increase voting among their younger clients and constituents, while also assessing best practices for doing so. To do this, we tracked 39,000 individuals who registered … Continue reading