Local and State Events
June 13th –
LWVO Executive Director, Jen Miller
Trek Private Party Room
5:30 – 7:30
Jen was recently front and center in the successful lawsuit about when to fix gerrymandering. This is an educational and social event.
August 29th –
Newark Schools Administration Building
7:00 – 8:30
Come to celebrate our accomplishments and be part of the discussion about taking a new step forward. Where do we go from here?
September 7, September 14, and October 5 –
Granville Farmers’ Market
Voter services before the fall election. Look for opportunities to volunteer at our LWV tables.
Posted in Disucssion Tab
- 2019 Program Summary May 31, 2019
- Losing our local newspaper, an essential part of this community, would be a huge loss for the League but also for citizens in general. May 23, 2019
- Poverty, Addiction, Recovery April 23, 2019
- Action Alert April 17, 2019
- Hearing Notice: Senate Bill 23, The Six-Week Abortion Ban February 22, 2019
Category Archives: Community
Dear LWVLC, Allegations of voter fraud by college students in Ohio elections have a long history and so do allegations of voter suppression. An article in the Newark Advocate today details a complaint from six Granville residents about alleged irregularities … Continue reading
The Hands That Feed Us ediblecolumbus.ediblecommunities.com 7 mins read When Marshall Branstool, owner of Branstool Orchards in Utica, steps behind his market table filled with fresh peaches and ripe apples many are quick to notice his shirt does not have the well-known Branstool Orchards … Continue reading