SAY NO TO NUCLEAR BAILOUT LEGISLATION
THE ISSUE: A bailout of Ohio’s two old, noncompetitive nuclear power plants is being disguised as a “Clean Air Program” in House Bill 6. This bill:
- imposes a monthly charge on all Ohio electric consumers to bailout outdated, money-losing nuclear plants, even if they don’t get electricity from those plants.
- weakens Ohio’s renewable energy and energy efficiency standards.
- favors greenhouse gas producers, such as coal and natural gas.
THE ASK: Call your rep and tell them that you OPPOSE House Bill 6 – The Clean Air Program – because:
- The way forward for an environmentally AND economically healthier Ohio is by supporting safe and affordable clean energy like wind, solar, and energy efficiency.
- Subsidizing noncompetitive, outdated nuclear plants will cause Ohio to fall behind neighboring states in job and economic growth.
Jen Miller LWV Ohio Executive Director
League of Women Voters of Ohio | 614-469-1505 | www.lwvohio.org